Sunday, September 4, 2016

On My Way To Fifty

So, it's official. I am on my way to my 50th birthday. I couldn't be more excited! 

Last year, Louie semi-retired from the Fire Department. We celebrated with a trip to Las Vegas in October. We used part of his retirement money to do some much needed upgrades to our home. Including the purchase of a pool table that now sits in the middle of my living room. In January, we celebrated Louie's 50th birthday in Las Vegas with his brothers and their significant others. We had a great time. In March, Louie treated my parents to a cruise. My sister and her family joined us. In May, Louie and I took a trip to Biloxi, Mississippi to celebrate our anniversary. It was a nice short getaway. In July, we took a trip to San Antonio and Austin, Texas with Louie's brother and sister in-law. Probably, one of my favorite trips. It was nice to get away and not worry about the girls. Gianna was home in Orlando and Leanne was away at a summer internship. Which brings us to August and my 49th birthday! My sister and her family along with a few of my friends got together for dinner at our favorite hang out place, Chilis. It was a fun evening. With the closing of my 49th, I made a decision to document my journey towards my 50th birthday. So, here we are...

With my 50th comes a lot of changes. For starters, Leanne will be leaving for college, which will make Louie and I empty nesters. Louie will be more then likely officially retired in October of next year. That means, I will have him home more often. I will go from spending almost 8 hours a day alone to sharing my time with someone. Although I'm looking forward to spending more time with him, it will be an adjustment period. As I approach 50, changes are occurring with my body. Some good, some not so good. Because of these changes, I have decided to make every effort to get into shape in order to stay healthy. I have also made a decision to document my journey on this blog, as well as on my social media accounts. I would love it if you came along this journey with me by following this blog and my other accounts. I hope to have links up on my sidebar soon. Please check back soon!


No comments: