Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Our Trip To Savannah



After all the back and forth about going to Savannah or not, I am so glad we were able to go. What a beautiful city. I love how the live oak trees cover the cobble stone streets and sidewalks. On our way to Savannah, we detoured into Brunswick and found this quaint 50s style burger joint called Hwy55. On our first night had a lovely dinner at The Pink House, a highly recommend spot with great reviews. Although, we weren't crazy about the food, the service and atmosphere made up for it.  We stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites with a beautiful view of the Savannah River.
The following day Louie spent the day playing golf, while I attended the #READSavannah luncheon. (I will have a separate post about the AMAZING experience I had meeting some of my favorite authors tomorrow.) Before heading to my event, I took a trolly ride through the city and got some sightseeing done. We had dinner at a very unique pizza place called the Mellow Mushroom down the street from my event. The pizza was delicious! As we headed back home on Monday morning, Louie drove me by Juliette Gordon Low's home. She was the founder of the Girl Scouts in 1912. I had always wanted to take my Girl Scout Troop there, but never made it out to Savannah. As part of my journey to fifty, I finally made it!!

No comments: